In A. Cuny de la Verryère’s book (“Finance catholique”, EMS, 2013), the goal of operational princificats is designated to fight against the financial structures of sin at a transaction level. In light of abuse revealed by the subprime financial crisis and denunciations that have been made by the catholic church and laymen, the author set up a list of actions or financial behaviors considered as harmful and non-virtuous.
Checklist of financial structures of sin:
- price volatility due to speculation;
- imbalanced compensation;
- excessive use of leverage;
- commodification of workers;
- losing sight of real economic realities, of scarcity, of productivity ;
- unfair profit sharing;
- anonymity and responsibility freezing of investors;
- tax havens and tax exemption mechanisms;
- harmful effects on the environment;
- lack of transparency.